Required Education: High school diploma
Preferred Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a mechanical assembly and testing function related to energy industry field operations.
Compensation Level: Non-Exempt
Department: Field Operations, North America.
Reports to: Base Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Becomes an advocate for a safe work environment and participate actively in safety meetings and morning safety huddles.
- Independently assembles and disassembles all equipment types for shipment, inspection or testing.
- Performs all assembly, disassembly and testing jobs with a high degree of expertise.
- Independently performs hydrostatic testing procedures for all equipment types. Records test readings as required.
- Performs equipment/valve greasing as required.
- Paints and prepares for shipment all needed equipment assemblies.
- Communicates all HSE and/or safety concerns immediately to a supervisor or lead assembly mechanic.
- Operates a forklift and other lifting devices for movement of parts and other equipment as needed.
- Assists the Shop Foreman in monitoring and training the Assembly Technician positions. (Advanced)
- Performs other warehouse duties as assigned by the Shop Foreman.
This position can and most likely will be exposed to an after-hours on-call rotation schedule. The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands & fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls & reach with
hands & arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk & hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Ability to occasionally lift 10 pounds and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in controlled weather conditions. The
noise level in the work environment is usually quite to moderate.